The ongoing kerfluffle over healthcare got me to thinking of Ben Franklin.


As he was leaving the final session of the Constitutional Convention, a woman asked him, “What government have you given us, Mr. Franklin?”

“A Republic,” he replied, “if you can keep it.”

For more than a century the Democratic party has intentionally and with malice whittled away at that Republic, being joined in that effort over the past couple of decades by the GOP.

Today we are at a precipice, where-upon 51% of the electorate can demand, and in many cases is demanding, that the other 49% pony up for the majority’s every need and want. Healthcare is just another in a long line of such demands.

Our Founders would be mortified. Our Republic and its Constitution lie shredded on the floor of political greed and expediency.

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s